Link up a tasty recipe for others to try out!
Herb Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
1 roasting chicken
2/5 teaspoon of salt
1 3/5 tablespoon of parsley
2/5 teaspoon of black pepper
2/5 teaspoon of thyme
1/5 teaspoon of paprika
1 3/5 potatoes (or however many you'd like to end up with - you can use red or sweet - whichever you'd prefer)
baby carrots (to preference)
2 2/5 stalks of celery
1 3/5 cups of sweet onions (cut in chunks)
1/5 cup of white wine
- Remove giblets, rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine all herbs and spices in a small bowl, blend.
- Spread half of herb mixture in cavity of chicken.
- Spread the remaining mixture over outside of chicken.
- Quarter or halve red potatoes, cut celery in large chunks and combine potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion chunks.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken in a roasting pan.
- Pour wine into bottom of roaster.
- Roast covered at 350 degrees 1 1/2 hours basting occasionally and adding more wine if necessary to make"sauce".
- Uncover last 15-20 minutes to brown skin.
- This makes a wonderful sauce to spoon over the carved meat and veggies.
- Any leftover "sauce" makes a wonderful base for chicken soup.
AND - don't forget...I have a giveaway up and running! Good luck!