Please link directly to your recipe post!
Thanks for participating, you rock <3
Carrot Cake Recipe
|Made by sister + I over weekend...yum!|
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (don't necessarily have to do it with nuts if you don't like nuts!)
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually pour in the oil and beat for an additional minute after it is completely added.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and then add to the egg mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until fully mixed. Try not to over-mix once all incorporated.
- Fold in the carrots, walnuts, spices and orange zest.
- Spoon mixture into cake pan.
Bake until cake springs back in the center and a knife/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
makes about 2 cups (enough for the recipe above)
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners/powdered sugar
- Using a hand mixer, stand mixer or a whisk, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, until the desired thickness is reached. If you are planning to pipe the frosting, you will want the frosting to be harder and more sugar will be needed.
- Spread over cupcake with knife or pipe onto cake as desired.