I adore chicken...I adore coconut...I adore almond...sounds like the perfect recipe! I'm going to make it Wednesday for diner!
Coconut Almond Chicken
By Susan Dopart
- 1 pound of skinless chicken breast (4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the coconut oil. Rub the melted coconut oil on all sides of the chicken breasts.
- Mix together the garlic powder, paprika, and curry together. Put this spice mixture all over the chicken breasts. (Would be easiest to do this in a plastic bag.)
- Mix together the almonds and coconut. Cover the chicken breasts with the almonds and coconut.
- Put the chicken breasts in the baking pan for about 25 minutes. The coconut/almond topping should be golden brown.
Nutrition Facts: 310 calories; 35 grams protein; 4 grams of carbs; 16 grams of fat; 2.5 grams of fiber; 58 mg of sodium
Cami... this sounds brilliant and yummy!!! can't wait to try it out (sans curry) ... xo C. (HHL)ReplyDelete
Mmmm, Cami....that sounds so delicious! I've heard a lot about coconut oil lately so I'm going to have to pick some up next time I go to the store! Thanks for hosting...have a great day :)ReplyDelete
Mmmm sounds good! Next time I do a recipe (sadly not often) I will link up!!ReplyDelete