Boy do I have a delicious sweet treat recipe for you!
This takes a little bit of time - so be prepared. Unless you have multiple people baking with you!
- 1 can of cinnamon rolls (keep in mind, this dictates how many you make)
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of raw sugar (or whatever sugar you use)
- flour to roll out cinnamon rolls
- Cupcake pan
- Rolling pin
- Peel your apples! Make sure you save some of the peel for decoration.
- Dice the remaining apple in small pieces. (Time consuming!)
- In a bowl, add the apples, butter, cinnamon, water, and sugar.
- Microwave the apple mixture for 10 minutes. Once this is complete, mix up this mixture to be the same consistency.
- Spray your cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Preheat your oven at 375 - or if your cinnamon roll package says a different temperature, go by that.
- Time to roll out your cinnamon rolls! Put flour on top of the cinnamon roll - or your rolling pin. Roll them out to be fairly thin - and long enough to fit in your muffin pan completely.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are rolled out, place in your cupcake pan. Again, just be sure that they cover the side and bottom completely.
- Add your apple mixture.
- If you want to be fancy, use some of the apple peel for decoration on top of your apple cinnamon roll muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes - until they are golden brown.
- Microwave some of the icing that came from the cinnamon roll package. Add this to the top of your apple cinnamon roll muffin.
- ENJOY! -This is best served warm.
When you try these out for yourself, let me know what you think!
This bright idea come from Pinterest - woohoo for Pinterest win! ;)