For treats, we typically give Chewy carrots, green beans, broccoli, etc. anyway. Chewy is like his momma (and poppa!), though, and is a huge peanut butter fan.
This recipe has the perfect mixture of fruits, veggies, and...peanut butter!
Chewy's Homemade Treats
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cups of unsweetened oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cups of parsley
- 1/2 cups of finely chopped/grated carrots
- 1/2 cups of finely chopped/grated apple
- 2 tablespoons of pitted and finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cups of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cups of filtered water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl until evenly blended. Make a well in the center.
- Mix the carrots, apples, and dates together in a separate bowl. Add peanut butter and water to the second bowl.
- Add the wet (fruits, vegetables, peanut butter, and water mixture) bowl to the dry bowl.
- Flatten the mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Bake 14-16 minutes depending on thickness.
- Let the treats cool in the stove overnight.
- Put treats that won't be eaten within the week in the freezer.
- Let your precious pooch enjoy these delicious treats!