I decided to change things up this go-around and make some Guinness chili! I guess my taste buds of changed - Guinness isn't half bad. I remember when I first tried it - I was repulsed by it. Now, not only is it pretty tasty but it makes a delicious chili, too!!
I've made it in a "chili cook-off" with a friend and a unanimous decision was made - mine won. ;)
- 1.5 lb ground turkey/chicken
- 1 bottle of Guinness beer
- 1 small onion
- 1 can red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 large can of diced tomoatoes
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon (at least) of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- a couple dashes of salt & pepper
- a dash of hot sauce
1. Brown your ground turkey/chicken, diced onions, and garlic cloves together.
2. Once the ground meat is cooked and onion is translucent, drain the excess "juice" from your meat/onion/garlic mixture. Put the drained mixture into your crockpot.
3. Add the rest of your ingredients together - add the Guinness and hot sauce last.
4. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10. (I opt for 8-10 - the longer, the better, I've found!)
5. Serve with cheese or sour cream on top - whatever you prefer! Most of all - enjoy!!
Is chili a staple in your house? If so, what's your favorite recipe? I always love trying new ones.
We have been in a chili mood here too. I guess its the crazy weather here.ReplyDelete